Wednesday, September 5, 2012

WhAt A TreAsuRe!!!!!

 This is my new treasure I found today - nope not the cat - the settee.  I love it!!   The store keeper claims its Civil War era - but I dont know.  It is forsure old however.  neat hinges on the back so it can be made flat.  It has been painted - years ago cause the paint is worn off on the arms  - not faux worn but actual use worn.
 Heres the back with the "bed" pulled out  I need to make one cushion but thats no biggie so when it is made into a bed it needs 3 cushions.


Heres it pulled out into a bed.  I love love love it   Really fits with the house.  And the best part I think I got a great deal at $199   I have it in front of the fireplace so I can just dream of the cold winter months laying on it in front of a warm toasty fire reading a good romance book. 
Now if it really is as old as they were saying I hope no civil war soldiers so passed away on it!  Dont want to haul any old ghosts home.
Anyone out there have any clues on its age??

1 comment:

  1. I haven't a clue about it's age, but it sure is cool! Good find!

    ReplyDelete