Friday, November 30, 2018

Oh Christmas Tree

I put up the family room tree and I just am in love with the look.  I have not used tinsel since I was a little kid.  I decided to bring back the classic look, and oh my!  The last 2 years I have really cut back on the decorating since I am not having the open house.  But I still do 4 or 5  large trees instead of the 12.  Used to have 17 total trees.  It just keeps the house a bit more user friendly with out so many trees.  Isnt it crazy how much dust those trees hold!  I am amazed every year at all the "pine needles" the faux trees drop - how do they still have anything on the branches after a few years?   And about 3-4 days after I decorate the layer of dust that forms on everything.
This is pics of my 12'  holiday tree in the family room - I took this last year but loved it so much I recreated it this year.   It has all the vintage ornaments I have collected over the years.

This is before I put the garland on the windows, but it is so pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment