Friday, July 13, 2018

Back to hookin' again

I think the second to last rug I made took me forever!  But that one complete I have finished 1 and on the background of another!  Felt good to start hooking again.   I find with sewing so many dolls for the showroom and markets that my own projects get set aside.   I am to tired from working on work that I don't feel like picking up other projects at the end of the day.  One of the reasons my blog posts were so far between, besides the fact I feel that I don't have much to say that would interest people (even though I talk non stop).  But now I bought a lap top and can sit out on my screen porch in the evening and get a break and I enjoy the fresh air,  I hated sitting in the office on the desk top computer and my ipad didn't let me do pictures easily.   SO I hope to keep you in more posts and since I have such a boring life I thought I would bring you ideas etc using pinterest and other pictures.
Anyway back to the rugs -
This is a pumpkin rug I made based off the headstones I saw out in Salem MA.  Thought it would make a great table runner this fall.
After I made this one I was poking around on pinterest and saw a great rug someone was hooking.   I could only see a little of the design but I loved it.   With no luck finding anything about it I drew my version out.   I love the way it is coming together!  The colors are great and will look warm and cozy this winter.   I still have not decided if I will frame it or have it a rug.  I started hooking the background, I am doing it in a charcoal color.
I have to now figure out the next one.  Even though I am running out of space for more rugs - is that possible?  Time to rotate stock I guess.



2 comments:

  1. Two gorgeous projects! Glad to see you're hooking again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hooked rugs - and the fact that you were inspired by the Salem headstones, haha! I live about ten minutes away from Salem, I'm in Topsfield. The next time you come out this way (I loved your photos of Sturbridge!) you should visit Ipswich. So many beautiful historic houses and the beaches are amazing.

    ReplyDelete