Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Food

Lastly on my blog posts for today is food!   You are probably thinking - she hasn't posted in 7 months and now she hits us with 3 posts in a day!
First is Philly cheesesteak nachos.   We had these in PA at chickie's and pete's restaurant.  And they are so good.  I recreated them at home and we enjoy them often!   Here is a pic without the topping I add at the table.

I take the tortilla chips and spread them out on a cookie sheet, sprinkle them with Old Bay Seasoning (this is a must seasoning) warm them in the oven at 225 temp.  Then I take 1/2-3/4 lb of deli roast beef and dice it up and put in a bit of water on the cooktop with diced onion.  Let that get hot then drain any leftover water from cooking.  In a double boiler (I like to use this just for ease in melting the cheese) melt 1/2 -3/4 lb of white American cheese, add a little water so you can pour it over the chips easily - DO NOT ADD TO MUCH WATER - you want the cheese thick but pourable.  Now when all the parts are ready its time to assemble.    Place 1/2 the chips on a chip plate cover with 1/2 the cheese then 1/2 the meat mix.  Repeat.   At the table I have dishes of sour cream,  jalapeno peppers, diced lettuce, and salsa.   I let each person add their toppings as they want.   Enjoy!

Next is a recipe found on Pinterest - gotta love Pinterest.  It is a Blueberry sour cream pie.   Has to be one of the best pies I have had!  And easy! For the recipe-  https://pin.it/pztl5vyem7lcmi
The topping is amazing.   I serve it warmed up with vanilla ice cream.   
If you make either of these you will not be disappointed!


No comments:

Post a Comment